Thursday, December 25, 2014

Deck the trees


All the Christmas ornaments have been delivered so now I can show you what I made this year.  I've been doing a lot of hand stitching in recent months, especially of text, and it seemed like a good idea to embroider people's names on their ornaments.  This is the third year in a row that I've done full names, but don't get too complacent, people, we may go back to initials next year.

I found an old linen tablecloth that made a great substrate for embroidery, and had a bunch of green wool felt scraps still sitting on my worktable after I trimmed the edges of my Quilt National piece.

Here are a bunch of the completed ornaments.  Don't you think the circle and oval are particularly elegant?  After a year of daily stitching in 2012 I did get pretty good at making curves loop around and meet up smoothly at the starting point.

Here's Kate ready to put hers on the tree.

Merry Christmas!





1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy... my "Bethany" is loving being here in Canada and on our tree! THANK YOU SO much and hope you are enjoying all of the blessings the season brings - great time with family and friends, good food and peace. Happy New Year!
    Bethany
    Kingston, ON Canada

    ReplyDelete